/// SUBMISSION: Email pdf to INTERSECTIONS@lboro.ac.uk
/// DATES: 12 -14 of September 2019
/// LOCATION: Loughborough University London, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
The exhibition will be held 12-14 September and show work which demonstrates textile design research related to the four conference themes of textiles and architecture, textiles and interactions, textile materialities processes, and critical textiles which demonstrate cross- or interdisciplinary collaborations. This could be practice resulting from collaboration, a collection of research samples illustrating a conference submission or collaborative research. We will present work that examine the diverse role collaboration plays in contemporary textile design research, influencing and informing material, process and social innovation and resulting in aesthetic, functional and conceptual outcomes.
It is expected that the submitted work has not been shown before in its current form. It can be a continuation of a larger body of work, but needs to be a significant contribution beyond previous exhibitions.
It is also expected that at least one exhibitor associated with the work will register and attend the conference.
/// KEY DATES:
- Deadline for exhibition proposals – 5pm (PST)
9th of June 201917th of June
- Notification of acceptance – 17th of July 2019
Laura Morgan (UWE Bristol)
Amy Winters (RCA)
Emma Wood (Loughborough University)
Ricardo O’Nascimento (Loughborough University)
To submit a proposal to the exhibition please submit a single pdf of a maximum size of 20 MB with the following information:
- Identify which of the conference track themes of Textiles and Architecture, Textiles and Interaction, Textile Materialities and Processes and Critical Textiles (see the Call for Papers for further details) the work most aligns with.
- 200-300 words proposal of work highlighting details of the interdisciplinary aspects of the work.
- Up to 4 related images.
- 100-word artist biography .
- 1 page technical description and requirements in order to show the work.
Be aware that only the content in the pdf will be considered during review by the exhibition chairs. External links and media will not be viewed.
For enquiries, please contact INTERSECTIONS@lboro.ac.uk